About African Dairy Academy
African Dairy Academy works towards strengthening education, research capacities and developing a platform for training in dairy sciences and strengthening innovations and businesses within the dairy sector. The Academy therefore provides resources and course contents to educate and develop skills and capabilities for people entering the dairy industry and those within the industry. It also strengthens the links between the dairy experts and offers opportunities to deliver a more comprehensive service to the farmers and industry clients.
ADA aims to advance and enhance communication within the dairy industry as part of a wider food industry through:
- Promoting the advancement of education within the dairy industry (courses, seminars and conferences, providing support and assistance to other professional training providers)
- Organizing forums for the exchange of information in the form of meetings, conferences, seminars, study tours, workshops and exhibitions.
- Providing information for publications to promote the dairy industry as an industry of choice
- Encouraging the professional development of members of the Academy and others in the dairy industry.
A competitive and sustainable dairy industry anchored on scientific research and technological innovations
To develop and foster networks and collaborations to build and strengthen capacity of regional institutions in dairy research, technological innovation and policy formulation.
- Efficiency and effectiveness
- Integrity and accountability